Chalet Iona is unique. There are simply no other private chalets in the 3 valleys with the peace, space, views and silence as this one
Entirely remodeled in the summer of 2017, the chalet is lovelier than ever; bespoke cast-iron chandeliers from Sheffield, mid-century scandanavian furniture, an ultra-modern kitchen with Miele appliances and extra large
Laconte 2m professional cooking range, a 6m handmade French oak dining table and many unique objets d’arts. Two new sundecks have been added - one with a sunken 12 person open-air Jacuzzi.
The chalet sits in its own orchard, surrounded by apple, pear and cherry trees, spruce and silver birch. Views from its three balconies stretch through the Valley of Bozel, over 12 hamlets and villages and on to the glaciers of Tignes over 35 km away.
Chalet Iona and her sister Chalet India, in the hamlet of Le Villard, are only a 4 minute car-ride from the Olympe Express bubble lift to Meribel, yet remains a million miles from life's hectic daily struggle.
The property comprises a main chalet with 6 en-suite bedrooms, sleeping 12 people comfortably (further beds can be added for large groups). Meals are served on a 6m hand-made oak table with seating for 20. There are panoramic ceiling to floor views, with an east-facing breakfast balcony and a south-facing Juliet balcony, off this 80m² room. A modern Zelia fireplace with two separate seating areas are ideal for after-dinner drinks and movies.
There is a further 50m² living room with a 60inch satellite movie TV, a Marantz/ATC sound system, a further fire-place and ample seating for two to three families. A room with magnificent natural light, it has broad window views across 3 sides. This room is furnished with leather chesterfield sofas, art deco and mid-century danish pieces, in rosewood, teak and marble. It leads onto a 40m² east-facing sun deck.
Each of the 6 bedrooms have a TV and ensuite bath/shower rooms. The 2 master bedrooms feature original art deco and biedermeier furnishings and the four further bedrooms have bespoke oak furniture and hand-made Tiffany lighting.
Next door is Chalet India, which sleeps 4-8. It is ideal for friends, grandparents or private staff. Gorgeous morning views across the 3 balconies, complement the open plan ground and mezzanine level parents' room. With a central log-fire place, this chalet personifies the picture postcard stone and wooden chalet of Savoie.
- WiFi throughout both chalets.
- Chauffeur driven transport 8am- 6pm every day.
- Complementary first evening supper.
- Full breakfast from 7am every morning.
- Services of a dedicated butler who will prepare breakfast.
- Laundry room.
- Ski and boot hire.
- Ski boot warmers.
- Large stock of DVDs and vinyl LP’s.
- Classic board games and telescope.
- Library with French and English Classics.
- Smeg, Miele and Laconte kitchen appliances.
- Pre-arrival wine sourcing.
- Covered parking for 2 cars with a further 3 parking spaces.
- Satellite TV with French, English and other international channels.
- Firewood supplies for the two fireplaces.
- All sheets, bed linen, towels, bathrobes and slippers.
- Elemis beauty and bathroom products.
- Chef- all cuisines
- Grocery shopping
- Evening navette service
- Airport transfers
- Private Ski instructor
Free wifi in accommodation
- Beds made on arrival
- End of stay cleaning
- Shuttle service
- Free wifi in accommodation